- Raffensperger: ‘We counted three times and results remain unchanged’
- US death toll at 283,211 and continues to climb
- Fauci: ‘The middle of January could be a really dark time’
- Biden prepares for Republicans try to block cabinet picks
- Trump: Rudy Giuliani has coronavirus
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
The number of coronavirus cases in the US is approaching 15 million, as infections surge across the nation.
According to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University, the US has confirmed 14,883,966 cases of coronavirus since January.
Rochelle Walensky, who will be nominated by Joe Biden to lead the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, pledged to pursue a science-driven response to the coronavirus pandemic.
I began my medical career at the height of the HIV/AIDS crisis, and I’ve spent my life ever since working to research, treat, and combat infectious diseases.
I’m honored to be called to lead the brilliant team at the CDC. We are ready to combat this virus with science and facts.