- Sydney Covid cluster grows to 28 cases
- The people planning a trip abroad this Christmas
- Covid-fatigued Texans shrug off mandates for holiday fun
- Northern Ireland to enter six-week lockdown from Boxing Day
- French president Emmanuel Macron tests positive
Austria is to go into a third national lockdown after Christmas, with those who decline to take coronavirus tests being told they must remain isolated for longer.
Several Austrian media outlets, including the national news agency APA, reported that the new lockdown will last until 18 January, according to Reuters.
The UN secretary general has called on the world to ensure a coronavirus vaccine is available for “everyone, everywhere”.
In an address to Germany’s parliament, Antonio Guterres praised the researchers from Germany’s BioNTech who teamed up with US giant Pfizer to become the first to reach the market with an approved vaccine.