Latest updates: millions of Europeans due to get inoculated today; Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine is set for approval in the UK this week
- Vaccination rolls out across Europe, but anger remains over late start
- UK scientists call for nationwide lockdown after spread of variant
- Spain, Sweden and Canada report cases of UK Covid variant
- AstraZeneca chief believes Covid vaccine will work on variant strain
- Breakthrough medicines that could change the course of Covid
Covid vaccine jabs have also begun in Finland.
.@JJansaSDS ob obisku v UKC Maribor: Iz prve pošiljke cepiva, ki je včeraj prispelo v Slovenijo, bomo uspeli cepiti tudi del zaposlenih v zdravstvu, torej tistih, ki sodijo v najbolj rizično kategorijo, ker zdravijo obolele s COVID-19. #SkupajZmoremo pic.twitter.com/asEXb9vR3N
Russia’s president, Vladimir Putin, will receive the Sputnik V vaccine, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov told a Russian state TV channel on Sunday, Reuters reports.
“He said he will be vaccinated, he made this decision and was waiting until all formalities are completed,” the spokesman was quoted as saying to the Rossiya 1 TV channel on its website.