- Biden holds memorial for 400,000 Americans who have died of Covid
- Covid unlikely to die out, says New Zealand health chief
- Sadiq Khan: London missed out on early share of vaccine
- UK coronavirus – latest updates
- See all our coronavirus coverage
Israel has included pregnant women among those getting priority access to Covid vaccines, seeing no risk to them or their foetuses, a senior public health official said on Wednesday.
The decision followed the hospitalisation this week of several pregnant women with Covid complications amid surging contagions, Reuters reports.
The Netherlands will ban flights from non-Schengen countries, including Britain and South Africa, from Saturday to curb infections of the new, more infectious coronavirus variants, Dutch news agency ANP reported on Wednesday (see earlier posts).