- Event at the Lincoln Memorial offers ‘national moment of unity’
- White House releases Trump farewell address
- Pence will attend inauguration but not Trump event
- Dozen national guard troops pulled from inauguration after vetting
- McConnell blames Trump for provoking Capitol attack
- US coronavirus deaths pass 400,000 amid grim winter forecast
California’s attorney general Xavier Becerra launched 9 lawsuits against the Trump administration, on what is both his and Donald Trump’s last day in office.
Becerra – who was picked by California governor Gavin Newsom to replace the Senate seat vacated by Kamala Harris – is suing the administration over a number of environmental regulation rollbacks that were finalized in the last days of the outgoing administration.
Joe Biden has called it a night – he’s staying across from the White House – as Trump continues to check off a bucket list during his last few hours in office.
On Tuesday night, the Washington National Cathedral funeral bell was tolled 400 times– once for every 1,000 people who have died of Covid-19. The bells rang for 40 minutes straight.
Tonight, we ring the church bells to remember loved ones who now look over us from above.
May we find peace and comfort. Strength and hope. Unity and perseverance. We remember them tonight, and will always hold them close to our hearts. https://t.co/c8k48V2saE