- AstraZeneca denies pulling out of EU vaccine meeting
- Germany expected to tighten borders to control spread of variants
- China to use anal swabs to test for Covid in high infection areas
- New Zealand: two new cases emerge in people who had left quarantine
- UK coronavirus updates – live
The European Union health commissioner has said that AstraZeneca has committed to providing the bloc with doses from four plants, including two in Britain, Reuters reports.
Stella Kyriakides told a news conference that the company had legal obligations to comply with the contract.
A Chinese donation of 500,000 doses of its locally manufactured Sinopharm vaccine will arrive in Pakistan on Saturday, Reuters reports.
The Pakistani government plans to begin rolling out its Covid-19 vaccination drive next week.