- Harris vote breaks 50-50 tie
- Defense department will send 1,000 troops to vaccination sites
- Biden: ‘We can’t do too much here. We can do too little’
- US records more than 5,000 Covid deaths in single day
- US economy adds 49,000 jobs as Biden aims for further relief
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
Joe Biden reiterated that he hoped to work with Republicans to deliver coronavirus relief, but he made it clear that he would move forward with or without their support.
“That’s my preference to work together,” the president said. “But they’re just not willing to go as far as I think we have to go.”
Joe Biden is now delivering remarks on the economy and the need for more coronavirus relief at the White House.
The president pointed to this morning’s grim jobs report, which showed the US economy added just 49,000 jobs last month, to make the argument for more financial relief.