- ‘Trump’s pre-trial brief confirms he has no good defense’
- Trump’s second impeachment trial set to begin in US Senate
- Donald Trump’s trial: what you need to know
- White House: community health centers to receive 1m vaccine doses
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
Eleven Republican senators voted against adopting the bipartisan resolution that outlines rules for how the impeachment trial will be conducted.
Adopted, 89-11: Adoption of S.Res. 47, the Organizing Resolution.
The Senate is now voting on the bipartisan rules resolution outlining how the impeachment trial will be conducted.
The rules were negotiated by Senate majority leader Chuck Schumer and minority leader Mitch McConnell, and most members are expected to support the resolution.