- Congresswoman: insurrectionists questioned why police tried to block them as they followed Trump’s instructions
- Trump’s legal team will conclude arguments tomorrow: adviser
- Biden reacts to riot videos: ‘Some minds may have been changed’
- Pelosi says Capitol Police will receive Congressional Gold Medal
- Sign up to receive First Thing – our daily briefing by email
Congressman Ted Lieu warned that Donald Trump could incite this kind of violence again if he is allowed to run for president in 2024.
The impeachment manager pushed back against arguments from Trump’s team that Democrats are pursuing the former president’s conviction simply because they are afraid of his political strength.
Congressman Ted Lieu noted that dozens of senior Trump administration officials resigned in the days after the January 6 insurrection.
“They saw the clear link between President Trump’s conduct and the violent insurrection,” the impeachment manager said.
Why did they all resign if Trump’s rhetoric had nothing to do with it? pic.twitter.com/Rb6gAM7JKs