- New Covid variant with potentially worrying mutations found in UK
- Hotel quarantine rollout in England ‘an absolute joke’, says border official
- Israel battles Covid misinformation as vaccination drive slows
- Lack of Covid data may leave African countries behind in vaccine rush
- See all our coronavirus coverage
The Czech Republic government is set to reopen schools from 1 March, despite high levels of Covid infections.
Regular testing will take place inside schools as pupils return, according to Reuters. They have been closed since October as cases rose to among Europe’s highest – despite shop closures, restrictions on public events and a curfew.
Boris Johnson welcomed the “unprecedented national achievement” of vaccinating 15 million of the most vulnerable people in the UK ahead of the target deadline on Monday, but said now was “no moment to relax” in terms of unlocking.