Cliff Stone Has Died – A Different Perspective

Read Time:3 Minute, 9 Second
Cliff Stone Has Died – A Different Perspective

E. Stone, known for his relentless pursuit of UFO documentation through his use
of FOIA died on February 10, in Roswell, New Mexico.

rose to fame in the field with his chase of Project Moon Dust and Operation
Blue Fly, two Air Force missions that dealt, in part, with UFOs and the
recovery of material of either foreign manufacture or of unknown origin. Many of
the documents he recovered hinted at secret programs, which the Air Force, at
first, denied existed. With the help of United States Senator, Jeff Bingaman,
Stone forced the military to admit that the programs did exist.

Cliff Stone. Photo copyright
by Kevin Randle
Stone was also a figure of controversy. He claimed, repeatedly, that he had
been involved in some of the biggest UFO cases and said that he had been a
member of a secret crash retrieval team. As a teenager, he said that he had
been near the Kecksburg UFO crash and had seen the military flatbed that
removed the object from the woods near the Pennsylvania town. Later, he would
say, that as an enlisted soldier, he had glimpsed part of the
Alien Autopsy
film when it was shown to high-ranking officers on the military post where he
had been assigned. The film was later admitted to be a hoax.

spent 22 years in the Army, entering right out of high school, and was trained
as a clerk typist. He was deployed to Vietnam and claimed four tours, though his
military records showed that he had been overseas for 37 months and not all of
it in Vietnam. He said that on arrival in Vietnam, he had asked for an
assignment to a combat unit, but that the first sergeant rejected his request.
Instead, he would sneak out at night, according to him, to hunt the enemy.
There is nothing in the record to support that claim.

met Stone in February, 1989, in Roswell. He joined Don Schmitt and me, at the
Burger King on North Main. For some reason, he appeared in uniform. We
eventually, retired to his house where he paced up and down, smoking a big
cigar and lecturing Don and me about UFOs. His knowledge was extensive,
demonstrating a long and deep interest in the topic.

was later that he would tell us about his brushes with government agents, who
harassed him repeatedly. He would say they would call at all hours and demand
he meet them in some deserted location for interrogation often threatening him
with firearms. There was no proof that any of this took place.

he would say that his involvement on a crash retrieval team gave him inside
knowledge of UFOs and that alien beings from 57 different worlds were visiting
Earth. The documents he had did not prove this, but did suggest a continuing US
interest in UFOs.

Stone retired from the Army, he worked for a time as a security guard at the
Roswell Mall, which would be irrelevant here, except for a tragic circumstance.
He was called to the scene of a motorcycle accident not knowing that the victim
was his son. I can think of no more horrific circumstance than arriving to
assist only to see that it was his son who had been killed.

made the rounds of the talk shows, the radio programs, documentaries and UFO
conventions and symposiums, describing his activities with crash retrievals.
While his tales were met with an enthusiastic response, there was little in the
way of evidence that what he was saying was grounded in reality.

I enjoyed talking with Stone, visited him at his home many times, I found his
tales to border on the incredible.

Stone was 72.

Source: The Anomalist

0 0
0 %
0 %
0 %
0 %
0 %
0 %

Average Rating

5 Star
4 Star
3 Star
2 Star
1 Star

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *