- Brazil variant cases found in UK
- Mexico expected to ask Joe Biden to consider sharing vaccine
- Nearly 20m receive first dose of Covid vaccine in the UK
- FDA approves Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose coronavirus vaccine
- Concerns grow as UK Covid testing labs scaled back before even opening
- House approves $1.9tn Covid aid bill despite minimum wage setback
- See all our coronavirus coverage
The coronavirus pandemic has fostered “a greater sense of connection”, spurring millions to volunteer to help others in their communities, research suggests.
An ICM poll found that almost three times as many people said Covid had made their community more united (41%) than said it had become more divided (13%).
Panama has approved the purchase of nearly two million doses of Pfizer’s Covid-19 vaccine for close to $24m, the health ministry said on Sunday, in addition to previous agreements to buy three million doses from the US drugmaker.
Panama has so far received three shipments of the Pfizer Inc /BioNtech vaccine with nearly 158,000 doses, and is also due to receive vaccines through the World Health Organization’s Covax program, Reuters reports.