Move to delay vaccine deployment in Europe comes after six blood clot cases detected among Johnson & Johnson jab recipients in US
- Johnson & Johnson Covid vaccine to be paused in US over blood clots
- US decision to pause J&J jabs is another blow to global Covid fight
- Sweden has highest new Covid cases per person in Europe
- Austria’s health minister resigns due to ‘overwork’ during pandemic
- UK coronavirus updates – live
Brazil registered 3,808 Covid-19 deaths on Tuesday and 82,186 further coronavirus cases, according to data released by the country’s health ministry.
The South American country has now registered 358,425 total Covid-19 deaths and 13,599,994 total confirmed cases.
Venezuela’s government wants funds frozen in the US to be put toward paying for coronavirus vaccines and will keep working with the opposition to negotiate this payment, the head of the government-controlled legislature said.
Allies of opposition leader Juan Guaido have for months been in talks with state officials to buy vaccines through the COVAX program using funds frozen by the U.S. Treasury as part of sanctions against the government of President Nicolas Maduro, Reuters reports.