- Games schedule | Results | Medal table | Full coverage
- ‘Rainbow Olympics’: Tokyo hailed as turning point
- Sign up for the Guardian’s daily Olympic briefing
- In pictures: the best images from day seven in Tokyo
- Email Geoff, tweet or comment below the line
That is all from me. Enjoy the rest of the day’s action. I’ll now leave you in the capable hands of Geoff Lemon.
Table tennis is a criminally overlooked, undervalued sport. In most other sports, an athlete who competed in Sydney and is still going in Tokyo would be a household name. Not Australia’s Jian Fang Lay. But that could be about to change.